Skip to main content

Creating a website: about me page

Hey there! I am Tania Banza, currently studying architecture at De Montfort University. While I originally come from Congo, I have spent most of my life in the beautiful country of Zambia. Growing up in these diverse cultures has given me a deep appreciation for creativity and uniqueness of African architecture. My passion lies in the connection between mathematics and art, which I combine in the field of architecture. What really excites me about architecture is how buildings have their own stories to tell. The older they are, the more fascinating their narratives become. I am captivated by ancient buildings and how they hold secrets of past eras, telling tales of history and culture. 


I wrote this directly to my website because i knew exactly what I wanted to say 


I went to the About me page and clicked on "edit text". I chose the Futura light font and got the 14px size which was set by default and started writing my text. 

When I finished writing I changed the background colour from white to grey to match my website aesthetic.


I used the picture found on the website as a default picture and will update it when I will take a suitable picture for the website. 



I checked how the About me page looked on mobile and everything was good so I had nothing to change. 


After taking a suitable picture for my About me page, I updated it and here is the final result 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eunine Fay Jones - Research

E. Fay Jones was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA on January 31, 1921. He spent his childhood in the rural Ozark Mountains, where he gained love for nature and the environment, which had an impact on his architectural designs later in life. After completing his studies at Rice University, he joined Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural practice, Taliesin Associated Architects, as an apprentice. He worked closely with Wright on several projects, including the renowned Taliesin West in Arizona (Compton, 2023). Fay Jones E. Fay Jones is famous for his natural architectural style, which includes integrating buildings with the environment, using materials like stone and wood, and incorporating geometric shapes inspired by nature. "Jones ignored architectural trends and instead focused on his own organic aesthetic with materials found in The Ozarks and familiar traditional forms from his home region"(mariathuroczy, 2013) .  One of his design that has inspired me for this project...

Initial ideas

After looking at the project brief and the theme, we generated some visual ideas for our respective projects in order to develop them later. The exercise consisted of folding a sheet of A3 paper and folding it into eight sections. After doing that, we spent two minutes making quick sketches for each section. After sketching these, we discussed with our partners to find out which of our sketches were better and chose ideas to develop further. This time, we used a sheet of A2 paper that we folded into eight sections as well, and we developed our chosen ideas. For my first idea to develop, I chose this sketch because of the feedback I got from my classmates and tutor, and I also thought it had some potential to be developed into something better.

Final major project: Form and function

       The primary function of my project is to allow children to have a good time outside in a safe and sustainable place. Creating spaces that are in harmony with the environment, using eco-friendly materials, and promoting practices that help preserve our natural resources  Sustainable Playground I am creating this playground because in my city (Kitwe, Zambia) we have plenty of parks but people do not use them as they are not user-friendly and as a result they are not safe or maintained. The playground is located near city centre, where the vegetation is dense and will allow the users to have fresh air. Having a sustainable playground in Kitwe will allow the children of the community to engage together in a safe environment.          Reference         s.c, C.I.-S. (no date) Inter-Play Playground equipment, inter-play.eu. Available at: https://www.inter-play.eu/blog/eco-friendly-playgrounds:-a-rising-trend-in-t...