Skip to main content

3D Outcomes: planning

Planning is important as having deadlines for a project helps to work faster and efficiently. This why today I will try to plan how I will create my 3D outcome. 

For my 3D outcome, I will concentrate on the main building of the model because it is the main element of my project. To create that, the main materials, I will use is wood, acetate and clear acrylic. The root of the building is round so plywood will be a suitable material because it is light weighted and easy to work with due its density. Sourcing plywood will be easy as it is one of the main materials used in the wood workshop. For the circular shape under the dome I will use plywood as well because it can bend easily. 

For the glasses in the dome I will use acetate as it is easy to work with due to its light weighted and flexibility. For the windows and the doors I will use clear acrylic because of its sturdiness, clearness and clean aspect. 

For the base of the multi-faith ( round shape) I will use MDF because it is thick and sturdy, which makes it good as I will be able to put the pool on it. 


MDF

Clear Acrylic

Acetate



Comments

  1. Post your prototype as well - this session was about planning and prototyping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Art & Craft blog on 3D model planning, materials, and prototyping. Clear deadlines and strategy improve project efficiency creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eunine Fay Jones - Research

E. Fay Jones was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA on January 31, 1921. He spent his childhood in the rural Ozark Mountains, where he gained love for nature and the environment, which had an impact on his architectural designs later in life. After completing his studies at Rice University, he joined Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural practice, Taliesin Associated Architects, as an apprentice. He worked closely with Wright on several projects, including the renowned Taliesin West in Arizona (Compton, 2023). Fay Jones E. Fay Jones is famous for his natural architectural style, which includes integrating buildings with the environment, using materials like stone and wood, and incorporating geometric shapes inspired by nature. "Jones ignored architectural trends and instead focused on his own organic aesthetic with materials found in The Ozarks and familiar traditional forms from his home region"(mariathuroczy, 2013) .  One of his design that has inspired me for this project...

Initial ideas

After looking at the project brief and the theme, we generated some visual ideas for our respective projects in order to develop them later. The exercise consisted of folding a sheet of A3 paper and folding it into eight sections. After doing that, we spent two minutes making quick sketches for each section. After sketching these, we discussed with our partners to find out which of our sketches were better and chose ideas to develop further. This time, we used a sheet of A2 paper that we folded into eight sections as well, and we developed our chosen ideas. For my first idea to develop, I chose this sketch because of the feedback I got from my classmates and tutor, and I also thought it had some potential to be developed into something better.

Final major project: Form and function

       The primary function of my project is to allow children to have a good time outside in a safe and sustainable place. Creating spaces that are in harmony with the environment, using eco-friendly materials, and promoting practices that help preserve our natural resources  Sustainable Playground I am creating this playground because in my city (Kitwe, Zambia) we have plenty of parks but people do not use them as they are not user-friendly and as a result they are not safe or maintained. The playground is located near city centre, where the vegetation is dense and will allow the users to have fresh air. Having a sustainable playground in Kitwe will allow the children of the community to engage together in a safe environment.          Reference         s.c, C.I.-S. (no date) Inter-Play Playground equipment, inter-play.eu. Available at: https://www.inter-play.eu/blog/eco-friendly-playgrounds:-a-rising-trend-in-t...