Skip to main content

Concept/ perspective

To have a visual representation of my design, I did a concept drawing using a 2 point perspective method. I started by drawing lightly with a HB pencil and once I was sure of my lines and perspective, I went over the pencil with a 0.2 ink pen and erased all the unnecessary lines



Afterwards, I used markers to add some colours to the drawing in order to differentiate the different materials and make the drawing more realistic


Since the drawing was not really clean, I decided to try again but this time, on procreate. I simply traced over the original drawing to get the forms in and this was the first attempt
 


This was a good start, but the drawing looked unfinished. Therefore I decided to restart the pavement around the centre in order to fill the entire lower part of the page



I was pleased with this, so I started adding colours and experimented with many colours and brushes on procreate to see what the best combination could be
 








After trying all these, I ended up combing these ideas and colours to get my final concept drawing
 



Comments

  1. Drawing looks much better now you have worked on it digitally - good effort here. Also good to see the development from hand made into completed digital work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eunine Fay Jones - Research

E. Fay Jones was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA on January 31, 1921. He spent his childhood in the rural Ozark Mountains, where he gained love for nature and the environment, which had an impact on his architectural designs later in life. After completing his studies at Rice University, he joined Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural practice, Taliesin Associated Architects, as an apprentice. He worked closely with Wright on several projects, including the renowned Taliesin West in Arizona (Compton, 2023). Fay Jones E. Fay Jones is famous for his natural architectural style, which includes integrating buildings with the environment, using materials like stone and wood, and incorporating geometric shapes inspired by nature. "Jones ignored architectural trends and instead focused on his own organic aesthetic with materials found in The Ozarks and familiar traditional forms from his home region"(mariathuroczy, 2013) .  One of his design that has inspired me for this project...

Initial ideas

After looking at the project brief and the theme, we generated some visual ideas for our respective projects in order to develop them later. The exercise consisted of folding a sheet of A3 paper and folding it into eight sections. After doing that, we spent two minutes making quick sketches for each section. After sketching these, we discussed with our partners to find out which of our sketches were better and chose ideas to develop further. This time, we used a sheet of A2 paper that we folded into eight sections as well, and we developed our chosen ideas. For my first idea to develop, I chose this sketch because of the feedback I got from my classmates and tutor, and I also thought it had some potential to be developed into something better.

Final major project: Form and function

       The primary function of my project is to allow children to have a good time outside in a safe and sustainable place. Creating spaces that are in harmony with the environment, using eco-friendly materials, and promoting practices that help preserve our natural resources  Sustainable Playground I am creating this playground because in my city (Kitwe, Zambia) we have plenty of parks but people do not use them as they are not user-friendly and as a result they are not safe or maintained. The playground is located near city centre, where the vegetation is dense and will allow the users to have fresh air. Having a sustainable playground in Kitwe will allow the children of the community to engage together in a safe environment.          Reference         s.c, C.I.-S. (no date) Inter-Play Playground equipment, inter-play.eu. Available at: https://www.inter-play.eu/blog/eco-friendly-playgrounds:-a-rising-trend-in-t...