Skip to main content

Prototype

to have a better idea of the three-dimensional aspects of my design, I made a prototype out of cardboard.

First, I sketched a triangle shape on a piece of cardboard, with the adjacent being 10 cm and the opposite measuring 20 cm.





I then repeated the same steps to create the pieces for all three triangles in the design. To connect the triangles, I made a 4 cm rectangle and placed it on the hypotenuse, securing it with masking tape.





I did the same thing to create the three triangles and used a craft knife to cut in between the first and the third triangle to make space for the second triangle
 


Next, I inserted the middle triangle between the other two and used tape to secure it in place.








Then to finish I used black paint to cover the masking tape



And here is the final result of the prototype











Creating this prototype gave me a clearer idea of what my 3D final product would look like and also helped me identify potential challenges I might face during the process. I made a mistake in the measurements for the prototype which made the first and third triangles to be on the same level when they are not on the design. When making my final model I should be careful about it and take the right measurement to avoid repeating the same mistake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eunine Fay Jones - Research

E. Fay Jones was born in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, USA on January 31, 1921. He spent his childhood in the rural Ozark Mountains, where he gained love for nature and the environment, which had an impact on his architectural designs later in life. After completing his studies at Rice University, he joined Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural practice, Taliesin Associated Architects, as an apprentice. He worked closely with Wright on several projects, including the renowned Taliesin West in Arizona (Compton, 2023). Fay Jones E. Fay Jones is famous for his natural architectural style, which includes integrating buildings with the environment, using materials like stone and wood, and incorporating geometric shapes inspired by nature. "Jones ignored architectural trends and instead focused on his own organic aesthetic with materials found in The Ozarks and familiar traditional forms from his home region"(mariathuroczy, 2013) .  One of his design that has inspired me for this project...

Initial ideas

After looking at the project brief and the theme, we generated some visual ideas for our respective projects in order to develop them later. The exercise consisted of folding a sheet of A3 paper and folding it into eight sections. After doing that, we spent two minutes making quick sketches for each section. After sketching these, we discussed with our partners to find out which of our sketches were better and chose ideas to develop further. This time, we used a sheet of A2 paper that we folded into eight sections as well, and we developed our chosen ideas. For my first idea to develop, I chose this sketch because of the feedback I got from my classmates and tutor, and I also thought it had some potential to be developed into something better.

Final major project: Form and function

       The primary function of my project is to allow children to have a good time outside in a safe and sustainable place. Creating spaces that are in harmony with the environment, using eco-friendly materials, and promoting practices that help preserve our natural resources  Sustainable Playground I am creating this playground because in my city (Kitwe, Zambia) we have plenty of parks but people do not use them as they are not user-friendly and as a result they are not safe or maintained. The playground is located near city centre, where the vegetation is dense and will allow the users to have fresh air. Having a sustainable playground in Kitwe will allow the children of the community to engage together in a safe environment.          Reference         s.c, C.I.-S. (no date) Inter-Play Playground equipment, inter-play.eu. Available at: https://www.inter-play.eu/blog/eco-friendly-playgrounds:-a-rising-trend-in-t...